Saturday, April 7, 2007

Welcome To My Blog!

Obviously, I am very new to this whole blog thing.

I got the idea a couple of months ago as the majority of major newspapers in this country have blog sections for their writers. Newspaper sports blogs are often opinionated columns or editorials that do not make the print publications. It's also a way to report events before the print publications are circulated.

I am the Sports Editor for a daily afternoon newspaper in East Tennessee, meaning many of my readers don't see my work until they get off work each day. At that point, if they've seen the news or read any of the other papers, everything I have is old news. I figure this is a way to keep some folks caught up.

I hope I have some insightful things for everyone in due time.

No comments: